Monday, March 16, 2009

ROSE TATTOO- Rock N Roll Outlaw




I remember seeing Rose Tattoo tattoos and painted jean jackets growing up in Fayetteville, NC. I never checked them out cause all the dudes who were into them seemed to be either GIs or bikers... I should have known that meant they're awesome.  

Kinda like ACDC (from Australia as well and shared drummer Phil Rudd with ACDC for a minute) Rose Tattoo has a more bluesy/Stones vibe, I guess mainly because of the great slide guitar that is in most of their songs.

Check out this video for "Rock N Roll Outlaw".  Super low budget, tough looking chicks and bad lip-syncing but I've never seen a band rock so hard in a room with just two potted plants. At 1:20 notice the nasty lip lick, yikes!



3 comments:

  1. My God! I cant believe I forgot about this band. I had there first album way back then and some how lost it at one of the many parties I would haul my albums to. Led by "Throat" Angry Anderson they had a sound all their own. Reminiscent of Motorhead. Thanks for your site and thanks for bringing backl a ton of memeories. Now I am going to have to get the CD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Yeah, I see the Motorhead comparison, gritty and loud rock and roll. They got popular again for a minute in the 90s when Axl Rose talked about what an influence they were on him and Guns and Roses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am a man who loves the rock music and the You Tubes, and i had never seen this one before.
    Great video from one of rock's most underrated bands.

    Check out my blog if you get a minute. you might like what you see...

    ReplyDelete